We think the most important thing for you to know is that we will NEVER use or provide your Emergency Contact Record information to anyone except to display your Emergency Contact Record when your personal QR code is scanned or your personal URL is used. There is more information about this below.
How does The Health Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) control the use and security of your health information?
HIPAA does not control your use of your health information. HIPAA grants you the legal right to view and access your legal health record. It is a set of federal rules designed for health care providers, health insurance companies and other identified “covered entities” that control who can look at and receive your health information. HIPAA regulations also ensure that your privacy is protected to the greatest extent, with best practice policies and safeguards in place to minimize any exposure or misuse.
Must LIFEID comply with HIPAA?
No, we are working on behalf of health care consumers who are exercising their legal right to obtain, aggregate and use their own health information. Because we are not what the federal government considers a “covered entity”, LIFEID is not subject to HIPAA regulations.
Just because LIFEID is not legally required to be HIPAA compliant does it still meet its security standards?
Yes! We respect your privacy and understand the importance of securing your information. Therefore we choose to meet the highest possible standards to earn your trust. We meet the technical, physical and administrative safeguard requirements defined by the HIPAA Security Rule to be considered “safe” with regards to privacy protection for the LIFEID Private Profile. The LIFEID Public profile is designed to be shared in case of emergency and falls outside of HIPAA for this reason.
In addition to following HIPAA security recommendations, LIFEID adheres to the FTC’s Security by Design Guidelines:
- Data security is carefully considered for each component of the LIFEID platform
- Data is encrypted both in transit and at rest
- LIFEID is protected from common vulnerabilities
- Our team stays current with knowledge of new vulnerabilities and keeps software appropriately updated
Your use of the Services offered by or through our website signifies your consent to us collecting and using personal information about you in accordance with this policy. Should we choose to change this policy for any reason, the changes will be posted here, so that you are kept up to date about how we collect and use your personal information, and when we may disclose it.
How We Collect Information From You And How It Is Used
We collect information about you when you visit our website and when you use the LIFEID.health Service. Some of the information we collect and uses to which we put the information includes:
- When you order a product or register for a service you will need to give some or all of the following information: your name, e-mail address, postal delivery address, credit/debit card details so that the order can be processed and (where appropriate) delivered to you. Sometimes we may also need your telephone and/or mobile number. We may use your email address to contact you about the Services or your account, to confirm your orders and to send information you may have requested.
- We may use personal information collected about you to let you know about functionality changes to our website or changes to our terms and conditions and/or this policy.
- We will collect information about your tastes and preferences both during the registration stage and by analysis of customer traffic, including by using cookies (see below). We may use this information to help us develop the design and layout of our website to ensure that our sites are as useful and enjoyable as possible.
- We may use the information you put in during your account registration and tag activation to understand the purchase behaviours of our customers. This information may be supplied to our authorized resellers and partners in an anonymized format and no personally identifiable information is provided.
- We may use the personal information that we collect about you to personalize your visits to our website and to recommend our own or our authorized resellers or partner’s goods or services to you which you might find interesting. You may choose to opt out of receiving these messages at any time.
- The authorized reseller you purchased your LIFEID.health products may send you emails about the LIFEID.health service, the LIFEID.health products as well as other products and services they offer. You may opt-out of receiving these messages at any time. Our authorized resellers will NEVER have access to your emergency contact record details!
- Partners of LIFEID.health may send you emails about related products and services they have on offer from time to time. You may opt-out of receiving these messages at any time. Our partners will NEVER have access to your emergency contact record details!
- Information you send to us may be stored and used to improve our site, services, and products or it may be reviewed and discarded.
- Where we work with a third party (“Associate”) to provide our products or Services, then we may share any information you give us in relation to that product, service, or promotion with the Associate. The Associate will be named as such on our website.
- We may carry out research to support our business and/or provide aggregate statistics about our services, sales, customers, traffic patterns, and other site information to third parties such as advertisers, but these statistics will not include any information that could personally identify you.
Emergency Contact Information
As part of the service offered by LIFEID.health, you may enter emergency contact details including a name, phone and the person’s relationship to you. You may also enter critical medical information like allergies, conditions, health-related issues, and organ donor status. This information will NEVER be shared with others and will NEVER be sold EXCEPT via your Emergency Contact Record. You have complete control over what is displayed and you can change what information is displayed when someone accesses your unique page via your personalized QR Code or by typing in your URL at any time. You can also disable the display completely if you decide you no longer what the information display or if you lose your LIFEID.health tag or sticker.
The information you provide as part of your Emergency Contact Record will be displayed to anyone who scans your personal QR Code, taps your NFC sticker, or types in your unique URL.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may at times provide information about you to third parties to provide various services on our behalf, such as processing credit card payments, serving advertisements, conducting contests or surveys, performing analyses of our products or customer demographics, shipping of goods or services, and customer relationship management. We will only share information about you that is necessary for the third party to provide the requested service. These companies are prohibited from retaining, sharing, storing or using your personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
In the event that we use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf, these companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single-pixel GIFs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous.
We use a tool called “Google Analytics.” to collect information about the use of this Site, such as how often users visit the Site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used before coming to this Site. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this Site, rather than your name or other identifying information.
Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit this Site. This cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google, Inc. The information generated by the cookie will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
We use the information received from Google Analytics only to improve services on this Site. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
Our website has advertisements and links to other websites and services. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, practices or content of these third parties.
When we may share your information with other people
We will not sell, share, or rent your information to others except as set out in this policy.
We will only disclose personal information to other companies within our group of companies, our Associates, our advertisers and to those suppliers, we engage to process data on our behalf. These people may themselves gather information for their own purposes over which we have no control. When we supply your details to them we ask them to keep your details secure and not pass them on to third parties and unless you object to only use your details to market their own products to you. If our company and/or our assets are transferred to another person or company, then your personal information may need to be transferred.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including without limitation subpoenas), to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
Changes in Our Practices
If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page, at least fourteen (14) days prior to the implementation of the changes.
Updating Your Information
You may change, remote or deactivate your account or account information or opt out of receiving communications from us, our authorized resellers, and partners at any type. You may do so by logging into your account and making the appropriate changes or by sending an email to: email@example.com